There was no planned dress code this year apparently, so I will rank some outfits basing on 3 main points:
– is it appropriate for a evening event?
– is it elegant enough?
– colors and model are the right fit for the celebrity?
Basing on that I ranked them in 4 categories:
– BEST DRESSED
– WORST DRESSED
– ALMOST THERE
Let’s start with the BEST ones:
- Ana de Armas sparkling yet elegant in an Ralph & Russo dress. Make-up and hair are perfect too.
- Annabelle Wallis perfect, every detail was just great. Love the Zuhair Murad gown, make-up was elegant and delicate enough. I’m not usually a fan of the “au naturelle” hair but I like it in this case.
- Lucy Boynton in a Louis Vuiotton silver dress. I’m in love! Silver is not an easy color to wear, especially with such a diaphanus skin but she nailed it. Congrats for the eyes make-up too, it’s perfect. I think she is my favourite so I’m gonna add and extra foto of her so everybody can fully appreciate her look.
- Winnie Harlow was wearing a very sexy LaQuan Smith dress but her model body made it look elegant and not too provocative despite the high slit.
- Zoey Dutch keeps it simple and coloured in her Fendi dress. Very classy, I liked it. I also like the hair.
- Beanie Feldstein opted for a monochrome look. It’s a safe move but still you need to know how to balance everything and she did. (dress Oscar de la Renta)
- Sofia Carson in the most Holliwood festival gown by Gianluca Valli.
- Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara are very aware of their bodies and they always dress the best fit clothes so of course they look stunning in Dolce & Gabbana
- Margaret Qualley looks elegant, simple, delicate e aristocratic in this Chanel dress.
- Helen Mirren looks great and I had no doubt about her outfit even before seeing it. (Dior Haute Couture dress)
- Priyanka Chopra in a Cristina Ottaviano dress is very stunning! Even if that shade of pink is not an elegant one, she makes it elegant anyway. Love the make-up and hair too.
I don’t know what happened here but this hurts my eyes and heart because they are all great artists and it’s such a shame they were given the worst clothes ever (according to their body shape and skin undertone)
- Michelle Williams has not one thing on point: the dress model and colors are absolutely unflattering and I don’t like the hair too. ( Luis Vuitton dress in a model that fits great on a triangle shaped body as J LO)
- Anna Paquin…what a disgrace. The picture’s perspective is very unflattering but even if it was a good one this dress is wrong on so many levels. Black is obviously not in her color palette so it gives a “sick” look which a more colored lipstick maybe would have fixed it. And what about her hair? Looks like an unfinished hair style. ( dress Christin Dior Haute Couture, best fit on a taller figure with a warmer skin undertone)
- Renée Zwelleger and Saoirse Ronan shoudl have switched dressed. I’m not kidding! (Renée is wearing Armani Privé and Saoirse is wearing Celine)
- Olivia Colman in Emilie Wickstead…I like the color and the general dress line but this red is too cold for her skin undertone and that collar and sleeves are too much and unflattering. You’re already beautiful and elegant, you don’t need to push it this much.
- Jennifer Lopez in Valentino Haute Couture. Honestly I like the dress, I just don’t like that touch of dark green…why? Valentino is famous for his red, why he thought was a good idea to put some green (that green) on this dress? Beside the gown, I really don’t like the make-up. Contouring is too strong. Too much. (she looks beautiful anyway let’s clarify that)
- Ramy Youssef in Montblanc looks like he plays in the festival’s band. Specifically, he plays the drum so he opted for a pair of sneakers because no one notice the drummer’ shoes. This must be the reason, otherwise I don’t understand this outfit.
- Sienna Miller…seriously?! I can’t even… ( Gucci dress ideal for a beach party, maybe)
- Salma Hayek is exploding in her Gucci dress. We know they are huge already, come on! And I don’t really like this bad quality lingerie kind of dress.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing a beautiful Fendi dress….in the most dreadful color. Too bad.
- Jodie Comer in Mary Katranzou…I mean, what is going on here? Too many colors (a green dress, pink shoes and yellow clutch, it’s too much for human eyes) and I don’t even need to talk about the dress, it speaks for itself.
- Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Haute Couture. At this point my main question is “What is going on in the Dior Maison? How this and Paquin dress can be haute couture? Where’s the allure? where’s the elegance? Where’s the style? Where’s the weed?”…ok these are more than one question but don’t you agree? (Charlize is stunning as usual, I’m just deeply disappointed with the dress. Charlize fire your stylist)
- Thomasine McKenzie looks gorgeous in her Valentino Haute Couture but the color is too cold for her undertone and too similar to her eye color.
- Taylor Swift in Etro. I like her in this dress but she is in this category because the dress pattern is too “daily” and I can’t stand anymore crop tops.
- Sian Clifford & Phoebe Waller Bridge I love their outfits but Sian is wearing too much black and not enough jewelry. (Both in Ralph & Russo)
- Amy Poehler in a stunning Sergio Hudson dress but she is here because she picked the wrong belt ever.
- Naomi Watts in Armani Privé looks very elegant and so “early 1900” but where’s the jewelry? Those arms are too naked, she should have wore a bracelet.
- Bill Hader (Dior Men) & Rachel Bilson in a Broch Collection dress proves that you can look elegant and classy even in a lace dress….but that purse, ouch.
- Taron Egerton & Emily Thomas both in Giorgio Armani look sleek but she picked the wrong jewelry
- Nicole Kidman (Atelier Versace) I’m not sure this is the right shade of red for her and to be honest, the dress fabric is too stiff for her body shape but she looks pretty anyway
- Brad Pitt in Brioni shows an impeccable look…if he only was wearing the right size shirt.
- Kaitlyn Denver in Valentino Haute Couture…I like the dress but it’s more a daytime dress and this was a nightime event and if she wanted a no make-up look a more simple dress would have been a better option.
- Cate Blanchett in a Mary Katrantzou dress looks like a ghost. This kind of model doesn’t fit her body shape properly, the color is not the most flattering and if she opted for a pastel color to achieve that ethereal look, she missed the point and went straigh to Casper.
- Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture is missing proper jewelry and hair styling.
- Dakota Fanning in Christian Dior Haute Couture…this is an actual Haute Couture dress but the allure is lost when it gives you that expecting look
- Natasha Lyonne in Moschino Couture. I really like her, and she looks stunning, especially the hair but that dress, that beautiful dress…is not the right pick!
- Jennifer Aniston in Dior Haute Couture. I’m not really a fan of this dress; I don’t know if it’s that pointless skinny belt or that heavy fabric but the thing that most annoys me it’s the hair…get an hairdo from time to time!